STORIES & SONGS! * Makin' Music Holiday Mini Session:
November 1 - December 21
Teacher: Daniel Bower
This 4 week mini session is all about Christmas and other favorite holiday cellebrations. Each week Daniel will read a wintry story followed by classic Christmas carols as well as featured favorites from the Makin Music winter collection. Who knows!? We might even get a visit from a North Poll Pal.... :)
Pricing for the Session: $50 via PayPal or $45 if paid via check (made out to Makin Music & mailed to 353 1/2 Washington Ave Phoenixville PA 19460).
Sibling Rates: Free
For our interactive online classes you will need:
- An internet connection and your computer, phone, or tablet
- We will host our interactive classes through the free web conferencing software, Zoom. Your teacher will provide you with a meeting link for each class that you can open either in the Zoom app or on Zoom's website. We recommend that you use the app instead of a web browser.
- A safe space to conduct class; it's best to enjoy our class in an area of your home that has enough space for you to stand up and dance and that is relatively free of toys and distractions.
- It will be handy to have some instruments and stuffed animals around to use for our songs Even if you don't think you have music instruments at home - you do! Grab some wooden spoons (or even pencils) and you've got sticks. Put some rice in an old easter egg or a small Tupperware container, and you've got a shaker. A wooden spoon and a plastic bowl can be a drum!
- Virtual classes will be 30 minutes instead of 45, because 30 minutes is a more reasonable time frame to expect children to stay engaged using this platform. The lesson plans will include a variety of activities and instruments, including moments where children can be highlighted so their classmates can view them on the “big screen!” There will be music and dancing and jumping to try and encourage active kids to be active with the music!